|
Why is it so difficult to write simply -- and not just simply but sotto voce, if you know what I mean? That is how I long to write. No fine effects -- no bravura. But just the honest truth, as only a liar can tell it. - Katherine Mansfield, A Married Man's Story
|
Interview | Diane Ackerman If I had my druthers -- which is an interesting word -- every prose book I wrote would be like inhaling jungle. It would all be at a level of poetic intensity that I would find satisfying word by word. Sentence by sentence. Page by page. But, unfortunately, I've discovered that books have to have transitions. The sun can't always be at noon and there are times when you actually have to explain yourself. Or you have to move people around in the landscape and stuff like that. But I have a poet's heart and a poet's sensibility.
posted by spidergrrl @
11:08 AM
|
15.5.02  |
|
|